Friday, November 20, 2015

The New York Times Goes After The Saudis

Today, the NYT published a scathing article titled" Saudi Arabia, An ISIS That Has Made It".  The attack on the Wahabbis comes as no surprise.  At the end of the day , I say of Saudis what I have always said – they are the gladiators. As Cicero acknowledged of the Roman gladiatoria muner that their sponsorship was a political imperative. The similarities are uncanny. Even though the Roman gladiators were adulated, they were segregated and despised. Today, while Saudi Arabia is hailed as an ally for sponsoring, participating, and facilitating the massacre of fellow Moslems, deafened by the cheers of the Empire’s elite and media, it has become deaf to the chant ‘death to Saudis’ coming from the four-corners of the Empire. In spite of tossing a barrel of oil to the Empire for the murders it commits, the Saudis continue to be despised, hated – set apart. Far right Israelis are responsible for promoting Islam as an enemy. This started after the fall of the Soviet Union. The continued promotion of this idea by the media is what we see as Islamophobia, facilitating the invasion and massacre of Moslem land and Moslems. At the same time, the US was teaching its future leaders at military academies “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims in order "to protect America from Islamic terrorists”. They even called for the bombing of Mecca and Medina.Now the same media is painting Saudis as complicit in 911 – which they were, by absolving Israel. When much of the Western world (and many non-Western) has come to believe Islam to be a threat, they will not tolerate the most extremists of all — the Wahabis At the moment, they are simply using Saudis to destroy more moderate Moslems – when the SAudi's turn comes around, who will protect them? I think this whole Israel-Saudi-US alliance is by design, not money, though they sure use the money!I am constantly reminded of this writing at Boston's Faneuil Hall when it comes to the Saudis and what they are doing to the whole world – replace Communist, Jews, Unionists, Catholics, Protestants with Palestinian, Iraqi, etc., etc. Not only are they not speaking up, they are complicit. There will be cheers when their time comes. This is why I always say they should wake up! They came first for the Communists,and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.Then they came for the Jews,and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.Then they came for the trade unionists,and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.Then they came for the Catholics,and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.Then they came for me,and by that time no one was left to speak up.---Martin Niemoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment